Thursday, December 20, 2007

Supermom Has Left the Building

Ooo. First entry? Post? Blog? I don't know. Anyways...First one. One of how many I do not know. I've never been very consistent with "journaling". I've recently become more interested in it primarily because I've read the blog of another mom who is going through what no mother should ever have to experience - the death of one of her own. Because my youngest child has recently been given a primary diagnosis of "Global Developmental Delay". I felt maybe it would be theraputic for me to "blog" my experience. Not just of his/our journey with him, but of my life in general. Which mostly consists of my children. My life is my family.

So....Supermom has left the building. That was the title of a bible devotion that I read recently. I've been called Supermom a lot recently, both in the cyber-world and IRL (in real life for those not privy to cyber-lingo). I feel that I am truly unworthy of this title. Those that have called me that have probably given me that title based on the fact that I have 5 children. And I homeschool. And my hubby has medical issues that leave me having to deal with many things without his support or involvment. And frankly, I'm probably not doing any one of those things as well as I would like. I'm often impatient. Selfish. Lazy. Whiny. Those are words that I would use to describe me. Not Super. And even as I type this, I realize that self-loathing is not a "super" quality either. Sigh. Can't win for trying. So...in an effort to not be "perfect" I'm going to quit this first entry (journal, blog, whatev..) and come back later. In one of those moments when I am tempted to talk to myself out loud.

No comments: