Friday, May 9, 2008

13 Candles





So…we have another teenager in the house. Oooooo scary. I’ll have two teenagers in my home for one month and then I’ll be the mother of a twenty-something, a teenager, a pre-teen, a little kid and a baby. Wow. No wonder people think I’m a little weird.
So for Amanda’s 13th birthday she wanted to have a GNO. A little background here. I only do BIG parties on their 5th, 10th, and 15th birthdays (or 16th if they want to wait). So this was an “off” year for her. I gave her a $50 budget and said she could do with it what she wanted. She very carefully planned her evening (which turned into the next day as well). After AWANA she had her best friend and her sister over for the night. We rented the movie Aquamarine for $1. She had been wanting to see that movie for some time and was thrilled that it was so cheap! I already had popcorn here and let her have that. She bought 3 boxes of movie candy from Wal-Mart for .88 apiece and they ate that. I let her and her friends borrow my manicure supplies and they did mani-pedi’s. Then the next morning they feasted on homemade sticky buns that my girlfriend made for them and strawberries with whipped cream that Amanda paid for. Then we went shopping! I had to go to town anyways to do some shopping and we just incorporated that into a girls shopping day. When I went to the dollar store she spent 7 of her dollars on candy (ugh). Then she paid for all 4 of us to have lunch at Cici’s Pizza at their all-you-can-eat buffet for a total of $25. After some more shopping, she paid for ice cream sundaes from McD’s for $1 each. Then we found ourselves at Wal-Mart and she found a dress on clearance for $9 that was really cute on her. All-in-all she had a great day. We had cake and ice cream on her actual birthday a couple of days later.
I can’t believe she’s 13. Sigh. Where did it go?

No comments: